2.14.2007

Happy Heart Day

And so, in 320 B.C., St. Valentine (pictured above) had a cow heart sent to his true love. When she rejected it, he stayed home, eating an entire box of chocolates and cursing women everywhere. Thus began the time-honored tradition of Valentine's Day. I think that's pretty much what happened.

Since we're still snowed in over here in Rville, I'll refer you to a post I put together for Popography a couple weeks ago detailing the worst love songs ever (just in case you missed it). However, I'll warn you now: fans of Huey Lewis, Michael Bolton and Celine Dion might want to pass on this one. I'm sure there are tons who check this blog daily...

So have a great V-Day, and remember:

Just when I believed I couldn't ever want for more,
This ever changing world pushes me through another door,
I saw you smile,
And my mind could not erase the beauty of you face,
Just for awhile,
Won't you let me shelter you?

No comments: