3.12.2008

Random music thoughts

Part one:

If you're having problems starting up your freak folk band and your childlike, art rock band just fell apart and broke up, may I suggest the genre of minimalist techno. Critics love it, and – if you can get the DFA to produce it – you'll get at least an 8.5 from P4K.

Part two:
I'm a big fan of Jeff Buckley, and will concede that his version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is one of the best off his first and only technical release Grace. But is anyone else a little creeped that it took someone singing it on American Idol to launch this song into a new realm of popularity and pushed it to the top of iTunes download charts? I knew AI's reach was strong, but I had no idea it was this powerful. I guess I should look on the bright side: At least they've used their powers for good this time. Still...

No comments: