5.19.2007

Nashville!

Here I am, performing on stage at the Ryman Auditorium, doing my best Hank Williams impression. Kari says I look like a hillbilly. And so begins our Nashville recap. Here are some of the highlights:

OK, not so much a highlight. We've still got a bit of the trip to go...

Inside our bed and breakfast, the East Park Inn, which I was convinced was pretty much haunted. Here I am, casually reading some ghost stories by the bookcase in our room. If any of the footage turned out, I'll give you a video tour...

An arty view (courtesy of Kari) from the top of Margot, our first meal in town (we're not going to count the Ruby Tuesdays in Elizabethtown). It was actually storming our first night in town and Margot actually started to flood while we were eating there. The food was still great and we managed to time things so that we left right between the massive downpours...

Our first night in town, we stopped off at the current Grand Ole Opry (which is currently located in Opryland, where you can shop at the Opry Mills Mall, catch a film at the Opry 25 or stay overnight at the crazy Opryland Hotel). Yyyyeah. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and we managed to catch a few of country's legends, including Porter Waggoner (above). That bright blue nudie suit was one the highlights of the evening...

The next day was spent walking around downtown Nashville and going to the Ryman Auditorium, original home of the Grand Ole Opry. Here, Kari shares a more tender moment with the audience...

...and here Kari interrupts a moment between Minnie Pearl and Roy Acuff.

A shot at the Hatch Show Print shop.

Finally, the view from Broadway as we were leaving (note the Ernest Tubb Record Shop with the huge sign at the top right corner).

For a quick trip, we packed in a lot and we had a lot of fun. We're considering going back at some point -- I think the Ryman would be an excellent place to see a show and the Opry is actually going to start broadcasting there during the winter months (which would be great, as long as we don't have to see another "blue collar comic").

Thanks for reading! If you want stories, we've got 'em (especially about our B&B)...

4 comments:

ann said...

Looks like you two had ALOT of fun, but I highly doubt Ronson if your singing Simply the Best by Tina Turner????

AE said...

So glad y'all had fun! I'm heading that way myself next month and am already excited. The haunted B&B is new to me. Scary.

Ronson said...

Really? Nice! Yeah, if there's one thing I regret is not being able to check out more music downtown during the day. Open bars and live music at 11 a.m. -- I think that's missing from most U.S. cities...

And that's correct, Mom! I'm always humming or singing "Simply the Best." It's a catchy tune.

Jen said...

Awww. Super fun. Now, I'm dying to return.