5.21.2007

Hm, so what else is new?

A brief rundown on a few things that have gone down in the past couple of weeks...

I recently attended a supper club, which I quite enjoyed. I don't know why I chose this photo to represent the event, I guess I just like how Kari and I are ominously lit. There are plenty of photos here, including one of me looking kind of sick...I also thank Chad (who is the third ominously lit figure in this photo) and Michelle for their hospitality and great food...

Kari, Gina, Paul and I attended a Cincinnati Rollergirls event (as evidenced by our tiny heads in this photo), which was also a lot of fun. Give it up for the Roller Derby Diva, y'all. At 5 foot even she was taking hits with the best of 'em...

I also recently witnessed (along with Kelly, Edmund, Amber and Mike) a comedy show featuring Tabari, which featured a lot amateur comics. That meant at times it was fascinating, other times horrifying. Tabari fared well, though he didn't make it to the next round (he was in the semi-pro competition). I don't have any photographic evidence of this, so I guess we'll just have to stick with the words on this one...

Here are a few of my recent music purchases: Throbbing Gristle (20 Jazz Funk Greats), Dolly Parton (Jolene), Willie Nelson (The Red Headed Stranger), Elliott Smith (New Moon), Klaxons (Myths of the Near Future), Sly and the Family Stone (There's A Riot Goin' On) and Arctic Monkeys (Favourite Worst Nightmare -- highly recommended).

Annnnnnd, just in case you were really curious (and since I don't know embed it on my site yet), here are my current top ten artists on Last.fm:

1. Low
2. Peter Bjorn and John
3. Wu-Tang Clan
4. Elliott Smith
5. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
6. J Dilla
7. Lily Allen
8. Beck
9. Bright Eyes
10. Califone

Fascinating. For oh so much more, check out my profile site... yeah! Uh huh. OK, then...

All for now. Some illustrations, Ronson vs. and the secret documents of Ronsonville all coming soon...

3 comments:

Celesté said...

yay klaxons!! that album really sticks out from the rest of yr picks & it says a lot about it! (like that it's good and can stand on its own!)

Ronson said...

It's true, the Klaxons have been in heavy rotation lately. Love it. Thanks for stopping by, Celesté!

Lauren Bishop said...

Thanks for the shout-out!