12.21.2006

Home for the Holidays


Hey folks!

Currently hanging out in Iowa, recuperating from this crazy year and counting down the days until I hit double threes. In the meantime, I suggest checking out how my music lists measured up to the (ahem) professional critics' selections by looking at the overviews at Metacritic.

I'm not too surprised (some of the stuff I deemed "overrated" has popped up alot), but the real news is that it appears there's no overall winner for "CD of the Year" -- the closest to anyone comes to a consensus about are Bob Dylan and TV on the Radio.

In one of the more disappointing lists of the year, Pitchfork.com dubbed The Knife's "Silent Shout" their CD of the Year. While I tend to disagree with Pitchfork (alot) they're usually right on the money about their #1 spot (previously honors have gone to Sufjan Stevens and Arcade Fire -- both brilliant and deserving pieces of music). I bought Silent Shout for $2 earlier this year just to see what the fuss was all about. While it's interesting, it's far from "CD of the year" (and personally wouldn't even make my top 100 of '06).

Anyway, more to come later in the week. Happy holidays from Ronsonville...

No comments: