4.13.2006

Random Artist of the Week, 4/13

I've decided in order to keep up on this blog, I should start having regular features. This week I'm starting a "Random Artist of the Week." You'll quickly understand the reason for this name.

Quick shout out to my sister Angie who celebrates a big birthday today. Happy Birthday, Ang!

And now, this week's Random Artist...


Fatlip
I first got into Fatlip through watching the Spike Jonze documentary "What's Up, Fatlip?" which was basically Spike talking to Fatlip between takes for the video shoot for the song of the same name. A few years (try 5) passed and finally I heard that the long-awaited Fatlip album "The Loneliest Punk" came out on CD in 2005. It turns out the CD is worth the wait, a lot of it is a perfect breakdown of the mind of an artist who can't create art. Great stuff...

Key song: It still doesn't get better than "What's Up, Fatlip?" Though "Writer's Block" is good too...

Key lyric:
“"I'm sort of like a dweeb, but that don't sell / I've never been shot or been to jail / But I'm beginning to wish I had been / Just to put it down in a pad with a pen," Writer's Block

Web site:
www.myspace.com/fatlipmusic

No comments: